Astra Handball Club Policies
PEOPLE ⇒ EDUCATION ⇒ PERFORMANCE
Astra Handball Club was created in 2007 by constitution as a non-profit sport club and is operated under the laws of Ireland for the main object of promoting the amateur game of Olympic Handball in the South Dublin (SD) and Dún Laoghaire Rathdown (DLR) area for men, women, boys and girls.
Astra Handball Club objectives are:
- Be a child centric club.
- the development of Olympic Handball in schools and in all age groups for boys and girls with a desire to be able to sustain the senior teams and enable them to compete at the European level.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle and to provide a safe and enjoyable environment where the younger age group can participate in sport and socialise.
- To promote friendship and respect for all.
- To train and constantly improve the physical, technical and tactical development of the players.
- To encourage and constantly improve the technical and tactical development of the coaches.
- Astra HC has signed up to the ISC child protection and good practice in sport and require all the coaches to attend the relevant workshops.
- Astra HC condemns any form of discrimination (such as of race, colour, creed, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or disability statuses).
- Putting people first, so everybody can enjoy the sport and the environment. Where all players can have theirs time on the court, build up confidence and work on their skills. AstraHC desires to educate its players to become better players, coaches to become better coaches, and administrators to become better administrators. It aims to educate members to the sport, respect and a healthy lifestyle. AstraHC wishes to help players, coaches and admin to perform at their best.